In reading Emma Tripplet’s new book Stepping out of the clouds, and posts on a Facebook group, I realise I was not depressed but my anxieties were definitely leading towards it.
My clear anxieties
- Road rage (nothing serious just swearing at other drivers behaviour)
- Suspicion over something my dad said to me the last time I saw him
- Expecting the worst.(my partner to leave, losing my job, etc)
There are many more, but between Emma and the chimp paradox I’ve worked on strategies to calm the rising anxiety.
- Road rage: I now find myself not thinking what could have happened, but dismissing the drivers behaviour,
- The suspicion: I have had to accept I’ll never know what my dad was gonna say
- Expecting the worst: I’ve been with Louise 7 years, so the likelihood is minimal, but the same as the job if it happens I’ll deal with it.