I know I’m not the only one who has this gremlin, but as long as everything runs according to my routine, I’m fine but as soon as I realise I’m running late, my heart skips a beat, and I panic, but then in most situations I can catch up. if I’ve over slept by fifteen minutes i know I can catch up, as my routine allows me an hour before I must be out the door.
I’m not so bad when I’m up and out, I know the roads can make me late, I don’t like being late though in general though, I’d always prefer to be an hour early than a minute later.
I guess this comes from working in many time pressured jobs
- Being fined for missing a 9am or 10am delivery
- Missing a time slot for which your customer gets fined. try explaining to the over zealous traffic marshal that you were held up in traffic.
I could go on, however the autopilots here must be
- You can’t stop time
- You can’t account for things beyond your control
- You can only (as ever) do your best.
- You can’t go faster than the guy in front or speed
There are many more.