Whilst walking Stella I was talking to a local head teacher I know, who pointed out a big difference i was unaware of, and rereading my blog a large proportion of my posts are more sociology rather than psychology although they fit in both camps. well she got me thinking as I detailed earlier
- I’m a Liverpool Fc fan
- England football, cricket and rugby
- Ex Raf
- Ex Raf police
- Part of 2 families
- White English male (not racial comment)
- Not sure religiously, probably more spiritual than religious
I could go on, some of these are definitely tribal (or my interpretation of) as I’ve no choice over, my colour, very little choice over my work, I am part of my boss’s working troop but I would not select him or very few of my colleagues to be in mine.
I am now wondering where my tribal influences may come into conflict
- Work and family
- Work and football
- Family and family as the bridge between mine and my fiancees family.
- Racially and religiously although I must state I hate racism.
There are more potential clashes I’m sure, but this has me thinking at the very least.